Annotated Bibliography Writing Services: Evaluating Policy Performance-Propose how written and oral communication should be used to ensure public policy analyses are promoted and accepted by the general public.
Living Wages: Evaluating Policy Performance” Please respond to the following:
- Reference Case 7.2 “The Economics of Morality: Evaluating Living Wages Policies.” Compare pseudo, formal, and decision-theoretic evaluation. Which evaluation method do you feel would be most effective to determine whether the living wages policies had the intended effect? Provide a rationale for your answer.
2nd discussion question
Communicating Policy Analysis” Please respond to the following:
- Assume you are a candidate for a director of communications for a major metropolitan county. The job will require you to communicate to the public about a host of public policy issues such as transportation, the environment, education, taxes, and economic development.
- Propose how written and oral communication should be used to ensure public policy analyses are promoted and accepted by the general public.
Write five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
(Note: Refer to Chapter 6 Review Question 4 for criterion 1.)
- Construct constitutive and operational definitions for any three (3) of the actions and outcome variables listed in the shaded box under Review Question 3 at the end of Chapter 6. (Note: The box includes Program expenditur, Equality of educational opportunity, Energy consumption, etc.)
(Note: Refer to Chapter 6 Review Question 5 for criterion 2.)
2. Identify three (3) policy problems listed in the shaded box under Review Question 4 and determine an appropriate indicator or index that would help determine whether each of the identified problems are being solved through government action. Justify for position on each. (Note: The box includes Work alienation, School dropouts, Poverty, etc.)
(Note: Refer to Chapter 6 Review Question 13 for criterion 3.)
3. Construct valid rebuttals to the following argument using at least four (4) threats to validity: (B) The greater the cost of an alternative, the less likely it is that the alternative will be pursued. (W) The enforcement of the maximum speed limit of 55 mph increases the costs of exceeding the speed limit. (I) The mileage death rate fell from 4.3 to 3.6 deaths per 100 million miles after the implementation of the 55-mph speed limit. (C) The 55-mph speed limit (National Speed Law of 1973) has been definitely successful in saving lives.
4. Appropriately incorporate at least four (4) quality sources. A quality source can be either grey literature, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Visit the Strayer University Library at http://research.strayer.edu to conduct research.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate policy outcomes using a variety of methods and techniques.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|